5 Reasons Why Your Google Ads Aren’t Showing Up
So you’ve launched your campaign, however, your ads aren’t being shown and you have zero impressions. Here are 5 reasons why your ads aren’t showing on the results page:
1. Google will not show your ads if they don’t have your payment details! Most advertisers will pay for their Google Ads account via automatic payments, Google will either charge you when you reach your pre-set payment threshold or you reach the end of your current billing period. You will pay for which event happens first. Ensure you have entered your payment details correctly and that all the details are up to date. If the payment details have not been entered then you will get a warning from Google every time you log in so they make it obvious when this mistake has been made.
2. Your keyword bids may be too low as if keyword bids are too low your ad rank will also below. This means that people will not see your ads. It’s simple to fix this problem – just increase your bids! We would always advise for you to do this slowly because as ad rank rises you ll start to collect data and this data can be used for optimisation.
3. Your keywords search volume maybe too low. There simply may not be enough people searching the keywords you have inputted and therefore your ads won’t show. A great way to check the search volume of keywords is to use the Google Keyword Planner which is a free tool provided by Google. It shows you the monthly search volumes of a keyword as well as the level of competition i.e. high, medium or low.
4. Your ads or campaigns might be paused. The symbol for anything that is live in a Google Ads account is a green dot shown below:
If an ad is paused it will appear with a grey dot with two lines through it as shown below:
5. The quality score of your keywords might be too low in order to trigger the Google Ad. Google wants to show relevant search results to its users and quality score is essentially Google’s relevancy score. Therefore a low quality score indicates that Google is seeing your ads as irrelevant to the keywords. Click here in order to find out how to improve your quality score.