Google’s Future – the Death of Google+ and How It’ll Affect You
In April 2019, Google+ will be shut down for consumers due to their user data was left exposed.
Google have warned that G Suite customers may see changes to their account due to this change, due to them adding new features to the Google+ for G Suite customers.
Changes to G Suite Customers:
- Google+ content will start to be removed, but may still remain visible to G Suite users
- Google+ pages and events will be deleted for all users
- Any users that cancel their G Suite accounts will have their content deleted
- Communities outside your domain will be deleted
- Users outside of your domain will no longer be able to create custom public communities
Actions to perform:
- A new Google+ Android App will be released, meaning that users will need to update their app before 7th March to continue using the feature on their mobile device
- Download any communities that you own outside of your domain before April 2019
- Download any content that you want to keep from Google+ pages and events before April 2019
- Remove Google+ gadgets by March 2019
- Leave the Beta Program as there may be issues on this platform
For more information, refer to the help article on Google or contact their support team.